Special Needs Law Attorney

Special Needs Planning

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/specialneedslawattorney.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a/inc/functions.php on line 252

The Law Office of Claudia I. Pringles  helps parents, guardians, and others establish special needs trusts for the children and adults they care about. A special needs trust can be set up to provide a better quality of life for a person with a physical disability, mental disability, developmental disability or a chronic illness.

Whether funded through gifts, inheritance, life insurance or court settlements, special needs trusts are created to preserve assets for the benefit of the individual without jeopardizing much needed government benefits. In Vermont, these government benefits include SSI, Medicaid and more.

Attorney Pringles is also available to review and make recommendations on existing special needs trusts drafted by other attorneys.  An improperly drafted special needs trust could result in the loss of benefits or a requirement of payback to Medicaid and/or SSI for benefits received.  It is important to work with an attorney who not only has a deep understanding of special needs trusts, but also of other disability related supports and services.

If you are interested in learning more about special needs trusts (also known as supplemental needs trusts), please contact our office to arrange a consultation. 

Click here to see blogs on Special Needs Planning topics, including a special needs trusts FAQ:  Special Needs Trusts 101.

Click here to watch a video Special Needs Planning.



The Law Office of Claudia I. Pringles presents the information on this website as a service to members of the general public. Use of this site does not constitute, in any manner, an attorney-client relationship between the Law Office of Claudia I. Pringles and the user. While the information on this site is about legal issues, it is not intended as legal advice or as a substitute for the particularized advice of your own counsel. This web site could include inaccuracies or typographical errors and are not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up-to-date. Anyone seeking specific legal advice or assistance should retain an attorney.